Sunday, February 8, 2009

A bit different for me


I sure hope this photo gets a line around it when published--otherwise it is going to look like I a really odd layout. This week I decided to attempt to use more white space in my layouts. I wanted to step away from the ink smudged over lapped designs of the last few weeks and see if I could use a sketch that made me a bit uncomfortable to consider. The sketch was from So Sketchy blog http://sosketchy.blogspot.com/

I love the ribbon, the bright colors, the photos, of course, just make my heart sing. Because I still refuse to use a ruler--it's not as straight as the sketch. However, it wouldn't be mine, and it wouldn't be as happy if it were completely aligned.

The bird die cut from Sizzex really did well on this layout. I hadn't used it for anything but cards since I bought it before Christmas. The patterned paper is from K & company and the ribbon was bought on eBay for my wedding decorations and repurposed here--I love that.

No comments: