Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Postcards from the Artful Tourist


Online challenges are fun inspiration--even if you don't actually participate in the challenge. Last spring I decided to enter the "Animal Kingdom" challenge from Sunday Post Card Art. The challenge was to make a 4" by 6" postcard featuring the animal kingdom. Any art mediums in that size are accepted. When I read the preview I only saw animal kingdom, the blog challenge post on SPC actually said " furry friends from the Animal Kingdom."



I'm hoping that the human member of the animal kingdom counts if the frog doesn't....


I created my postcard in traditional collage--I'd call it scrapbook style. I wasn't satisfied with the results so I then added spray mist color and finally altered it again digitally. In the end, I didn't even enter the challenge--I just didn't feel the mojo from this project. Since I completed the postcard it's been on display in my study and now I really love it.


All 5 card stock papers used are from Paper Temptress. All but the Jelly Bean green on the frog had a shimmery finish to them.

Before walnut shimmer spray a the black & white version for another take on it.

No comments: