|Love Paris in the Springtime card made with double sided papers|
from Prima. This was sent to my friend Sharonna who went to me
to Paris in the spring of 1995. Ain't life grand when you're a tourist?
I love my little blog, truly I do. And, I've loved my web site since it started in 2002. These are amazing things in amazing times when I stop to think about it...
But there's a catch--I don't want to spend more time photographing, scanning, posting, proofing, and publishing than I do in the studio.
Since we last met, so to speak, I've been a very busy Artful Tourist. Over 40 projects have left the studio for happy lives in my home, the mailboxes of my beloveds, the birthday, Easter and new baby gifts. It's been sheer joy.
A few highlights include:
- A new Flash! Cards set featuring use of chalks and now available on the web site.
- More samples of double sided print paper cards and recycled cards -- not yet available for viewing except the sneak peak of Paris in spring shown here
- I was selected to design for a way-cool company called Paper Temptress. I will be posting on that blog monthly and linking over here. I've already finished a couple pieces using the amazing papers. I predict you will love using them too.
- A set of ink background cards featuring bold stamps that has the potential to be another Flash! Card tutorial.
- I started my new art journal -- still using the renew this book technique.
- I spent less than $10.00 on art supplies/materials/tools in April 2011.
- I found an awesome digital design resource called Deviant Scrap and I am positively in love with the designer for Crow About Studio B. Check her out if you love the quirky.
- The Artful Tourist Facebook page is featuring lots of quick art journal tips and links to cool inspiration. Please come join me there--you won't be overwhelmed with posts and I'd love to see you.