Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A glimpse of my world


I am so blessed. In our three bedroom home I have one bedroom with a king size bed to sleep in. One bedroom as a study to write and work in . Plus one brightly accented room as my studio.
Pictured here is my "youngest" Drexel. He is such a delightful exuberant boy. If he's not getting enough attention he just makes a flying leap for your lap with all 20 pounds of himself. In the photo here, he is "helping" me work on my blog by sitting in my lap and resting his head between the keyboard and the mouse.
Drexel likes working in the study best while his sister Daisy like working the studio better because she has a soft little bed in there. Of course they'd both rather be tossing a tennis ball around, but since they think I throw like a girl, they wait until Dad gets home for that.
For the final entry into today's glimpse I'm finally going to start posting about meals. I really love to cook these days and I'm fascinated with recipes and food preparation. As I mentioned in a previous post--I'm even creating a Legacy Art book called "Food is Love, Love is Food."
Last night's dinner was full of familiar flavors in new combinations. Thanks to prepackaged items it was ready in 25 minutes and we have enough leftovers for another meal.
Menu: Thai egg rolls, Stir Fry Chicken and Dumplings with Veggies and Noodles and almond cookies for dessert
Thai egg rolls--From the frozen appetizers at Target, this are the TGI Friday's brand which I prepared according to box in the toaster oven.
Stir Fry Chicken and Dumplings
--fry 4-5 frozen chicken strips until almost done in a touch of olive oil
-- microwave 5 frozen Asian dumplings (Ling, Ling brand from BJ's) for 3 minutes
--cook a package of Asian buckwheat noodles in boiling water for 6 minutes
--Pour a bag of Archer Farms stir fry veggies into skillet with chicken and add dumplings and noodles
--Add a package of mixed Asian Zen sauce from Tastefully Simple (use my friend, Jill Gardner, consultant ID 0008167 if you don't have a consultant)
--Stir fry for 3-5 more minutes until veggies are hot and flavors combine.
--Serve with dipping sauces from grocery store
For dessert we had the cookies I made from a mix on Sunday. They come in a pouch from Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines as sugar cookies. I added some almond flavoring and candy sprinkles to liven them up and made them twice the recommended size so they looked like bakery cookies. I learned all those little tips from Semi-Homemade on Food Network.
Rachael Ray's shows also have a huge influence on me with skillet dinners in general. I'm so grateful for Food Network.
Food is Love, Love is Food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlfriend! You made me HUNGRY with this latest BLOG!

Hawk says Hi to Drexel and Daisey!

Kim