Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Just Do It









I have written at least three posts in Word for my blog and I have the greatest of intentions, however, posting has just not happened. So, I'm starting fresh with today....


I've had the glorious pleasure of being a part of a Pine Cone Press Book club that meets at the home of the talented Lynn Barwald. http://www.barwald.com/luckycharmcrafts.htm This group is really fun and for a while I was whipping out those monthly projects quite regularly. Then I slipped "off the wagon" and I have several unfinished kits in my studio. However, just like posting to the blog, I can only begin again from today. -wry smile-


Last month's project was a darling mini album featuring snowmen die cuts and papers. I've already forgotten the paper maker, and the paper really makes the kit. However, in the spirit of not letting anything get in the way again I will simply post the photos of the album and....drum roll please....I actually sat and used up the scraps to make cards and gift tags when I was done! I love it when it works....
As usual, you can click on the photos to enlarge. The out of box experience for me on the book was leaving white on the pages in the album. Normally I would stamp background images and ink liberally, but I really wanted to test myself and keep some space true white. The sample didn't even have much ink around the edges and I couldn't resist that part, but I did leave the white. I think this album will be a holiday gift for a special family that might read my blog so I won't divulge any more.--wink---
Speaking of gifts....what are you making this season? I've recently lost my cool job with the tutoring company which means the budget for gifts has decreased but the time for making them has increased so I'm sure it will all work out. I'm trying to come up with some "stash friendly" ideas and would love to hear about your adventures. I'm also curious to know about the best hand made gifts you've ever received, that would be inspiring.


No comments: