Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Food Glorious Food


Food Glorious Food--from the Broadway show and movie musical Oliver happens to be the first Broadway show tune I remember knowing. My Mom had the LP and I played and sang the whole soundtrack over and over...but the "food song" stuck with me. And the line that cues that song? "Please sir, may I have some more?" Yes, this is why they call it trivia.
I've been working on visual tribute to food for almost two years now. There's not much to show for it except pages of notes, interviews, recipes, lists, menus, and sketches. My working title is "Food is Love, Love is Food" but as of today, I may go back to the Oliver song....
The layout above was created for the fine folks at Spellbinders, but since the dies aren't that prominent, I don't know where it will end up. (If you notice it missing later on, it's because I'm holding it for publication....)
The left side reads: Food Wisdom: Why dip when you can swim? The dies are Symbology, Paisley, and Paisley mystery die. The stamp is Tim Holtz paisley. The "mess" around the corner is pearlized glue stick squirted randomly. Ranger white Dabber, Sakura Glaze pens, Ancient Page and Colorbox Chalk inks provide the coloring. The background paper is gorgeous in person, it's World Win Caribbean Colors white so it's textured. The print paper is from a pack I got at Jo Ann's with some chipboard. It says "made in china" but it looks a bit like a rip off of Rouge papers--maybe they sold it to them?
The right side reads: Laundry Wisdom: Why Worry? I used the same coloring tools, paper for journaling, and background white card stock. The print background is Junkitz (I think). The journaling area talks about how cool it is to have a neighbor that dives right in and then talks about the significance of dips and chip in my world. Yes, I wrote significance...but hey, we go way back.

No comments: