Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Party Skulls Mail Art


 
Most of my cards this year, as in previous ones, are part of the “flash card” collections that I love so much. My theory is that the more cards I make and send the more love and joy enters the world.
However, there are still those times when a new stamp calls to be styled for a particular loved one or I wake in the morning from a design dream that must be pursued. More often than not, these are the ones that get sent to my beloved Kate Chattin. She is my heart and making art for her nurtures my soul.
Kate has been in a skull and moustache phase for a while now. I could not resist picking up this stamp set from Dyan Reaveley’s Dylusions line. Even though at least 10 other manufacturers’ products were involved in creating this project—it only took about 15 minutes to make. When it comes together that easily, it’s got to have Kate involved. The day she was born I made the decision to have my heart beating, breathing, and running around outside of my body.

No comments: