Monday, January 9, 2012

Resolved to Affirm

Instead of resolutions, I practice affirmations. If you have never done affirmations you can run an online search that will produce mountains of information. One of the most comprehensive places I found online is Vital Affirmations at http://www.vitalaffirmations.com/affirmations.htm
--I have no affiliation with this site other than reading it and appreciating their style.


The book, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne inspires me a great deal as well. The web site is http://thesecret.tv/  which has a short but scenic video. If you have Netflix or other online video resource the entire book has been made into a great video too. The Secret is just the last in a long line of positive and motivational readings that I’ve done since the eighties. If this one doesn’t work for you there are loads of others.

Heartfelt Art (and other) Destinations that are calling to me in 2012:



As it is written


--Continuing with journaling my morning pages each and every day. There will be art in my journals and more fun with altered book journals, but the words will take precedent this year.

--Speaking of words, I set my “one little word” for the year as TRUST. (The one little word concept was developed and is taught by the amazing ALI at http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/onelittleword.php  ) My word last year was wholly and I loved keeping this word alive in my life. My wonderful church, First Christian Disciples of Christ in West Palm Beach has a tradition of giving out words for the year on a star too. My star word is ACTION so I’m all set to put TRUST in ACTION or ACT on TRUST throughout the year. It seems like my “one little word” just grew to two little words. Nice.


Two Baby Grands in one week 2011
--Following some nudging from the fabulous Kandee Johnson, I am thinking this year about the last time I did something for the first time. Since I’m officially over 50 I decided to amend that to allow for first time in a long, long time too. (Long time defined by over 20 years). Whether it’s a recipe, a lifestyle change, or a new art technique—I’m doing something new multiple times per month in 2012. Join me in tracking “first time doings” on my blog and web site.

--Community activists are often thought of as people who stage protests or collect signatures requesting change. I choose to broaden the term to include community outreach as part of community activism. I am reaching out to those I know and those I’ve never met through traditional and non-traditional methods. I don’t have to leave a mark on the world to touch it. 

The family famous Burnett "plain cake"
not pound cake. Grandma's recipe says "plain
cake." Simplicity in abundance.



--I trust that I will have everything I need when I need it. I surround myself with the beautiful and the useful. From my artwork to my home to my work to my relationships—I focus on the simple and the meaningful.


I focus on the simple and the meaningful

Holiday Review 2011:


My Christmas celebrations were awesome this year as I approached the holiday with the spirit of Advent leading my heart and decisions. For the first time in my memory I gave most people on my list one gift.


Hand drawn Santa I used for gift
 ties and ornaments 2011.

We made time to visit with family and friends, we went to church, we volunteered in our community. This heartfelt approach has led me to renew my commitment to the heartfelt art process and the power of creativity as a gift from the Great Creator.


Wishing you peace, prosperity, and loads of sparkle in 2012.


1 comment:

Lynn Barwald said...

My sweet and talented friend - I love catching up with you via your blog. Love everything you have to say and love your plans. I, too, believe in intention... a good & healthy thing. Love to you, Henry, Daisy, Drexel and the babies in 2012 and here's to being creative and making sure we spend more time together this year! xoxo