Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Anna Griffin Kit Adventure--Flash Cards!

Bonus: card not shown on video or web page.


Finally, I'm getting around to publishing the video and companion web page for these kits. Sir Henry gave me an "auto-ship" collection of Anna Griffin card kits from HSN last year. I surprised myself by really enjoying the kits.

I have only completed about 50% of them, but it's great to be able to put them down and pick them back up whenever I want to create more and think less.

Summary: When you find a really great kit for a good price, it's okay to color inside the lines once in a while.

Tips for selecting and using kits:
  • Don't skimp on quality--these Anna G. kits are really high end and it shows.
  • When reviewing for value look at how many cards you can make, what size cards you make, and whether or not the envelopes are included. (I know, sounds crazy, but there are several card kits out there without envelopes).
  • Venture outside of your comfort zone, which for me was taking a walk on the mild side.
  • Don't frustrate yourself with kits that involve tons of intricate directions, additional cutting, or creating your own embellishments.
  • If you have a room full of supplies, check out how you can easily distress or add ribbon/glitter for a more personalized look.
  • If you don't have a room full of supplies or a lot of time--just use the directions and be proud of your accomplishment.

No comments: