Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Something to Crow About

One of my digital greetings I use on Facebook.
Happy 10-year anniversary to www.NAChattin.com!
I’m no pioneer, but at the same time, I’m not a babe in the internet woods either. My web site, www.nachattin.com has been live since April 2002

Sir Henry set up the initial account for me to create www.NAChattin.com as a showcase area for my writing and creativity coaching. The site has introduced me to so many fabulous people and places. I’ve published over 500 pages, gone through three major format overhauls, and worn out 5 keyboards.

The internet has moved self-publishing from a few ‘Vanity Press” operations to a global phenomenon. I am reminded of the colonial era when anyone with access to a printing press and an opinion could create a newspaper. Or perhaps the early days of Rock ‘n Roll when performers could grab their guitar and walk into a place like Sun Studios to make a record.


As princess of my very own unwieldy domain, I have not changed the world and I definitely haven’t made my first million. Then again, that’s not what I set out to do. I have had a blast--and that is defenately my intention as I continue forward with life as the Artful Tourist.

Thank you to everyone that has ever visited my blog since 2007 or my web site. I am honored.

No comments: