Monday, October 14, 2013

Experience Discovery


"Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead." 1 Peter 1:6, 5x7"
 original art card by NAChattin 2013
For the last few years I’ve had an annual “one little word” with me throughout the year. I didn’t call it the “OLW” until later when I discovered that lots of writers and art journalists were doing it too—and doing it in ways I really liked. (http://aliedwards.com/blog/one-little-word  and http://onelittleword.typepad.com/ for example) I combined their techniques with mine.


One of the many awesome God-things about joining First Christian church in WestPalm Beach was that they do a “OLW” for the entire congregation. The words are printed on stars and drawn by every member. I drew EXPERIENCE as my OLW for 2013.

One of my wonderful art EXPERIENCES this year has been to start doodling and painting and collaging on cards and occasionally canvas. I’ve had a sketchbook near me when I am relaxing and I’ve been studying the work of scads of other artists online, mostly on Pinterest. From simple shapes to Zen-tangles, I love using pens, paper, and glue to make designs that are unique.
 
"Just my size" 5x7" original art card by NAChattin
 
 
To see all of the posts of my original to me designs click on key word Uncharted Destination tour.
 
 

No comments: