Monday, December 3, 2018

Advent Art 2

Advent season 2018
I make my Christmas cards. I wish I could make little watercolor card fronts for all of them, but that's never happened. I love using stamps and die cuts to create fun cards.


Scribble tree
I rarely make elaborate fancy cards. Simple is fun for me. Unlike many artists I admire, I just cannot bring myself to make sets of cards that are alike. The best I can do is go with similar. 

Simple cards are easy, however, simple can be challenging too. There's the inevitable urge to add more...There's the choice of colors that is critical to bringing it all together. When you go simple, every element has to count.

Here's one of the Sizzix(tm) scribble tree dies with a print paper border. I enjoy using non-traditional Christmas colors. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments: